Terms of Service
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Chirbit users.
- You may not use the Chirbit.com service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the Chirbit.com service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack Chirbit.com or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Chirbit.com .
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any Chirbit members ("Spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of Chirbit, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Chirbit.com service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- The Chirbit service makes it possible to post images and text hosted on Chirbit to outside websites. This use is accepted (and even encouraged!). However, pages on other websites which display data hosted on Chirbit.com must provide a link back to Chirbit.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
Copyright (What's Yours is Yours)
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Chirbit service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. You can remove your profile at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove any text and images you have stored in the system.
- We encourage users to contribute their creations to the public domain or consider progressive licensing terms.
- Chirbit undertakes to obey all relevant copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Chirbit to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
(These terms of service were inspired by Twitter and Flickr.)